Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Me, Myself, & I

I have thoroughly enjoyed wearing wigs and portraying different people the last few months in "Thoroughly Modern Millie". I think having such lame hair to begin with added to that excitement... So here's my consensus on how hair affected my mind:

So blond hair made me more sassy, flirty, flighty, and goofy. (Lucille- trying to breakout as an actress, innocent and looking for a worldy good time.)

With black hair, my character was more smug, confident, controlling and proper. Hmmm. (A tap-dancing stenographer bossing people around in the Sincere Trust Co.)

And if you can't tell, this is auburn... wow, do I wish my hair was auburn! I felt down-to-earth, like the center of attention, happy, full of optimism... (Wife to Ira Gershwin at Muzzy's party.)
OK, so these are also somewhat scripted characters, but I had free range of interpretation!
CONCLUSION: I guess blonds do have more fun, but I wish my hair was darker. :) AND, I love to wear wigs!

7 comments:

melissa said...

Mary, So cute! I totally want to see you perform one day.

Ash said...

How cute you look! It must be so fun to live in a fantasy world sometimes!

angela said...

mare-- every time you put up a picture or text or anything about theater, it always makes me want to go try out for something. i miss it (although i was never very good anyway). how fun for you. i bet you're good--way good. someday maybe i can see you in action... if i'm lucky.

Anne-Marie said...

You could totally go auburn!

Kristin said...

You look so cute in all of them. Once we move and we're closer to you guys, I hope that we can come and see one of your shows. I've heard good things :)

Mary said...

Just in case any of you are worried I'm cheating on Ben... my boys are gay. :)

travelingmom said...

Mary! I love the auburn look on you. i can see your passion for wigs. every halloween i wear a new wig, and I look forward to it a little too much. :)