Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Camping in the Hill Country






With Mary having abandoned me for the summer to pursue her Broadway dreams onstage, I decided to take the girls out for a taste of the great outdoors at Lake Medina, located about a half hour outside San Antonio. I brought along my good buddy Ian and his wife Katie for some assistance with my crazy little redheads and to provide some fishing expertise. We had a great time swimming in the 102 degree heat, although everytime a ski boat or waverunner passed by I started doing the calculations in head as to how soon I could afford to buy one.

After I got the girls to sleep, Ian and I stayed up until sunrise trying to catch the large and elusive catfish that call the lake home. We did end up with one keeper, but the highlight of the night was swimming out to a houseboat in the marina (decked out like a pirate ship with a skull and crossbones flag) sometime after midnight and jumping off of it's second-story diving board several times. All in all it was a great time and Abby told me the next day - " Daddy I want to stay at the lake forever", so I guess we'll be going back soon.




5 comments:

Kenzie Leigh said...

I didn't know you have a blog. Boy, I'm sure outta the loop. Cute pics by the way.

Kristin said...

Sounds like you had a great camping trip! We are going camping next weekend and the kids are so excited. Camping is by far one of our favorite things to do. How did Livi sleep? I'm curious how well Caden will sleep in a tent this year.

Mary said...

Livi slept like a champ once they finally went to sleep after 11. They couldn't stop giggling and sneaking into the cookies.

Linda said...

You are brave to take 2 little girls camping. It's looks like you had fun. I love being able to see new pictures of Abby and Olivia all the time. I am so excited to see all of you in 7 weeks!!

Mike said...

changed to a blog eh? That is good I checked in to your website like a hundred times and there wasn't any changes. I see your daughter is following in your footsteps with the whole clogging/tap dancing. Maybe we will get a blog up and running one day so it is easier to keep in touch.

Mike Mccloy