Friday, February 13, 2009

Bocelli Concert

Blogging has taken a back seat for a little while, but I'm going to try to keep up now. There's one thing, however, worth going back in time for... The Cavalleria Rusticana Opera concert was an amazing experience, one I'm so grateful I could be a part of! It was my first official try at singing opera (in the chorus), and I really liked it. There were 5 featured soloists from all over the world, Andrea Bocelli being the most famous. Someone in Mastersingers (my choir) took some cool pics of the event and rehearsals, so here are a few.

Concert Night
(I'm 2nd row, to the far left :)

Outside Municipal Auditorium after the concert

Bocelli playing during rehearsal
On the second night's performance, he came out afterwards to the raging crowd and played/sang his Ave Maria, followed by a duet with his costar, Victoria (who had an amazing, pure soprano voice).

He actually started singing during this photo, so I joined in. :)

4 comments:

Wendy P said...

Have I mentioned I am so jealous! BTW what do you me your first attempt at singing opera! Have you forgotten Lakme? I mean that is real opera even if we only sang it in the Lower Dauphin Middle school gym.

e said...

That's so awesome Mary, you have had some amazing experiences this year!

Ash said...

You are a SUPERSTAR!

Lynch said...

I am so jealous of you!! I love Bocelli!! Thats very cool! And congrats on the new baby too!!!