Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Mom

OK, this is our LAST post about Germany... It's just so hard to part from it (moment of silence), but actually it wasn't. Though we loved it, it was SOOOO nice to get to warm Texas, and get back to our house and toys and ditch the luggage, and head to Chili's Restaurant where the water was ever-filled up, and free no less!
So for our last post, I want to thank my mom again, for making the trip out to see us! I'm so glad she was able to spend time with members of the family (Ulerich and Gerlinde) that she lived with when she was a foreign exchange student during her high school days. My kids and I spent some time with Gerlinde and her family as well, and I was glad to get a glimpse of what a real German family is like. So mom, thanks for the time, the endless herbal tea, the traveling, and the babysitting for Ben and I's trip to Paris! The kids loved having you, and so did I! Love ya~


Spending time with Gerlinde

Abby and Nino still played great with the language barrier!



Heidelberg Castle


3 comments:

melissa said...

Welcome home. Sounds like quite the ride!

Linda said...

I'm glad your mom was able to spend time with you in Germany. You are lucky to have such a great mom!

Eggy said...

Sorry to hear your germany adventures come to an end. Haley is preggers.