Monday, July 6, 2009

Exciting Times...

FOUR to be exact... (in chronological order)
1st-- Ben and I saw WICKED the musical together on a fabulous date night-- my second time, his first. "Everyone deserves the chance to fly!" Love it...


2nd-- FATHER'S DAY! Abby made a cute drawing of her daddy and answered some questions about him on the back. She took him out on a date to Wing Stop later in the week and got dressed up, accessorizing with lipstick and a mirror in a little purse. She kept checking her lipstick in the mirror throughout the date, and after dinner, excused herself to the restroom to reapply. But was the date over... nope. She wanted to stay out and do something else, so he took her to a few stores and found some things to buy. She knows how to work it! They love their dad!



3rd-- We celebrated the 4th of July together as a family. We realized it was our fist time in TX to do so... he had been on-call for 2 of them in the past. I won't be missing that residency schedule! We spent the day dining out, shopping, swimming and BBQing with friends, and watching the close-by Sea World fireworks (from the car). Hurray for America!

4th-- I picked a color! Okay, if you know me, you know I have a tough time making decisions. I ended up buying or borrowing 7 colors and sampled them on our wall, as well as mixing some of them to see if I could come up with that "perfect" color. Well our family room is being painted TODAY, so I forced a decision and I think I really like it. I'll show pics later of the finished results. But I think Ben is the most happy about it! No more paint talk :)


This concludes the current exciting times for the Morrows

5 comments:

Kristin said...

It sounds like you guys are busy. I hope the family room color turns out great. I wish we could have been there to celebrate the 4th with all of you. I miss those cute little red-haired girls :)

Andrea said...

Wicked awesome! I want to see that someday. I'm glad you picked a color. I didn't know you had so many in mind. You like to consider all options, don't you? I look forward to seeing what you picked. I bet it looks great.

Linda said...

I wish I could have seen Abby on her date. I bet she was adorable.

That is a lot of paint colors you tried. I did the same thing when we were painting a few years ago but I didn't have quite that many. Hope it turned out how you wanted it.

Does Olivia only wear clothes if you are going somewhere? Cute girl!

Cassie said...

Mary,
I kinda like your wall splotchy in all the colors! You might have something going on there! Fun!

e said...

Hola! I think you are both way more motivated than me. I like to just leave things alone in my house. once they're set up I'm not messing with them again. :) Especially not painting, it's the worst. You guys should read my blog sometime, it's been awhile. :)