Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Abby's Birthday Wish

Abby has really wanted to get her ears pierced for a while, but I was able to put it off until her 5th birthday (which is this week). We went to Walmart, picked out some "crystal flower" earrings, and it happened before she even knew it. No tears (close though), but huge smiles the rest of our 2+ hour Walmart trip-- why does everything take so much longer... oh wait. I know. I'm 35 weeks pregnant, Olivia hates staying in the cart and isn't exactly quick to follow my lead, potty stops...
ANYWAY, Abby was giddy about her ears the rest of the day and can't wait for everyone to see them. Right after she was done, Olivia sat in her seat, holding the "earring gun", and said "my turn!". Give us a few years, Livi.

Cleaning


Poking (the lady didn't tell us that she was doing it so that's why Abby's still smiling)


All done, and looking in the mirror
*Side note: Notice the wrench around Abby's neck? She found some of my old keychain collection and decided to make some new necklaces. She really likes her jewelry!


Ta-da!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

happy birthday! my panda fanatic roommate got a Morn Creations bag as birthday gift.
she is just thrilled with it!
hkpanda.freetzi.com
Flor (floreshayes@gmail.com)

The Harrises said...

She sounds 100% girl and I guess she has always has been. Happy birthday Miss Abby--I hope you got a good nights sleep on sore ears.

Hansen Family said...

Your kids are so cute! Abby has some long legs. hope you are feeling good:)

e said...

Happy Birthday Abby Lou! Your pierced ears are so cute and so grown up! I can't believe you're 5 already! I miss you!

Gordita said...

No crying! I'm impressed. What a darling little girl!

Abs said...

So cute! I can't believe that she is five! Abby is so lucky, my dad made me wait until I was 12 to pierce my ears.