Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas in Germany


For the first time ever, we had Christmas with just our family and without me having to work. We had a really nice and relaxing day here in Landstuhl. On Christmas Eve, Mary made a nice dinner and we opened a few presents, including the new pajamas that made Abby absolutely ecstatic.



On Christmas morning, Abby and Olivia found their new dolls and stroller waiting by the tree, then opened up their puzzles and movies and toys. When we were done, Abby said "I need more presents. I'm bored." Gotta love kids.


After lunch, we went up to the Burg Nantein, Landstuhl's small castle up the hill that was built in the 1100s. Abby and Livvie had a great time climbing all the stairs. The views were beautiful and we all had a lot of fun.



For dinner we ventured out to Zur dicken Emma - which translates to Big Emma, or Thick Emma, or Fat Emma depending on your translation resource.

Anyhow fat Emma's specializes in giant portions of schnitzel (fried pork chops that are similar to chicken fried steak). I ordered a half portion, which meant 17 ounces of pork that filled my entire plate. We had fun at dinner and then headed home to play with toys some more and watch our new movies.

4 comments:

Mike and Kelly said...

We are happy for your family being able to see some beautiful parts of the world. I didn't have time to read all the blog, but glanced at all the pictures. I am jealous! Olivia is getting so big. Call us when you get back in town!

Dave and Mel said...

wow! I just went through your trip and it sounds incredible! your pictures are beautiful and I think it is awesome to get this time with your kids and to travel like that together. thanks for sharing and Happy New Year!

travelingmom said...

What a perfect Christmas! I loved reading about your adventures, so europe is do-able with kids huh? Hope the rest of your time is great.

The Harrises said...

I'm so jealous. Always something fun and exciting to report while we just get to sit and read all about it. I'm actually very excited for the whole family. Especially with Christmas with just your family. Quiet, quaint, and in Germany no less.

PS Mary nice hat.