Tuesday, November 18, 2008

San Antonio Rock n' Roll Half Marathon




So I did it. I ran 13.1 miles on Sunday to complete my first half marathon. I came in a respectable 5913th place (out of 17033 half marathoners). My time was 2 hours, 13 minutes for a pace of 10:13 per mile, which was pretty much what I was aiming for. I'm not really a runner by nature (in fact I usually kind of hate it) but I was talked into this by my buddy Ian and we trained together for the past three months and somehow managed to stay motivated. The race was awesome, running with 30000 people and being cheered on by random strangers. I'm positive I will never, ever run a full marathon but I will probably let myself get talked into another half sometime down the road.

7 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Congratulations! Jonny says he won't do a full either, but I am working on him!

Hansen Family said...

Love the picture of Ben poking his head out with a big grin:) Good job!!

Linda said...

If you didn't have red hair I would think that you were switched in the hospital. Although the only other babies in the hospital at the time were Tongan and Black. I can't think of anyone in our family (even the very extended family) that would attempt a half marathon. Way to go!! That is a big accomplishment.

Katie and the Fam said...

Hi. You don't know me and I don't know you, but when I was typing in my blog, I came across your because mine is called morrowmoments.blogspot.com. :) Just thought I'd say hello and enjoy your Morrow Moments.
-Katie Morrow, Colorado

e said...

YOU ROCK BRO! I'm way impressed. I could never do that in such a small amount of time. It would take me like 5 hours. You better be good at updating your blog while you're in Germany. Talk to you soon!

Kristin said...

Way to go Ben! That is huge accomplishment. I say you should go for the whole marathon.....I know you could do it!

Ash said...

Congratulations Ben! I had no idea you had it in you!